- Buck Meek and Kidi Band at Lincoln Hall. Nearly crying at Adam Brisbin’s tuned-in guitar-playing.
- The spectrum of believing the world is full of assholes out to get you or sweethearts out to help you.
- That where you sit on that spectrum affects how you treat others. Believe there are assholes, preemptively be an asshole. Believe there are sweethearts, be a sweetheart. Roughly.
- How, in that way, your belief is self-fulfilling, since you too are part of the world.
- That some people claim to know the true nature of humans, so they present their asshole-sweetheart belief as scientific fact.
- How damaging that can be, when they influence other people with their beliefs, making the world a little bit more like the vision they claim is already reality.
- An example: the “tragedy of the commons.”
← Newer post • Older post →