- The building with a grate in the roof to allow an existing tree’s branches to grow through it.
- The trees with Seussian drooping branches.
- Shopping with Mom at a Goodwill off Route 66 in front of a hulking mountain.
- Getting spicy brown mustard in a wound in my finger.
- The friendly “hiker helper” woman, Debbie, picking us up on the road to a trailhead, telling us about how stupid and troublesome other hikers are. She reminded me of Amy Sedaris in Mandelorian. At one point she slowed the car, leaned out the window and told a confused hiker, “There! The trail’s right next to you! Go!”
← Newer post • Older post →