- Kitch-iti-kipi spring.
- The crystal-clear, still turquoise water.
- The sharp fallen trees in the water’s rim, like pirate ship bowsprits.
- The huge, prehistoric-looking trout in the basin’s depths.
- The sand swirling around the outlet of the spring.
- “I Love You” by Lou Reed (via Dad).
- Feeling frustrated that “Big Tech” is suddenly (as of a few years ago) a flagship issue of the Right, because I don’t think they sincerely care or deeply reflect on how tech platforms work and what their consequences are. Nor are they the people who stand to be hurt the most by it all. (For more sincere criticism I look to Evgeny Morozov, Liz Pelly, and Peter-Paul Verbeek, among others.)
- I have a feeling and a hope that when it comes down to the real work of reigning in tech, young “digital native” congresspeople and leftist academics will do the bulk of the legwork.
Older post →