- Getting threatened by an anti-masker customer at — of all places — our sacred Superdawg. I asked him to put a mask on in the enclosed carryout area, and the next words out of his mouth were “I’ll fucking drop you.”
- He was spouting off about “you voted for [unintelligible]” and “you little fucking punk, open your mouth again and I’ll fucking knock you out.” He got so close to me, to do one of those primal “you wanna go?” chest bumps, I had to put out my forearm to block him. Then his buddy told him to calm down; I got my family’s food and left; and hero Superdawg kicked him out.
- I think such an abrupt jump to blind hatred would be shocking for anyone to experience, but it’s especially shocking when you’re as sheltered as I am. I’ve had to deal with practically zero behavior like that in my life. So the moment stuck with me for days. How do you cope with that? With the humongous, practically universe-wide chasm between how you see yourself and how someone chose to see you, based on almost nothing, at a split-second’s notice?
- Petting Casey’s cats while she’s away, then going to my grandpa Zaid’s house and petting (massaging) Zaid. (To Zaid: you’re not a cat, but the acts of caring for you and for the cats bore an undeniable similarity today!)
- How Can You Mend a Broken Heart, the documentary about the Bee Gees. So great.
← Newer post • Older post →