- Dad on Colbert, after Sacha Baron Cohen.
- I’m always surprised to see a Sacha Baron Cohen interview because I expect him to be secretive, hermetic, like Banksy.
- The massive, independent wholesale hardware store, frozen in time, a delicious if not dank antidote to Home Depot and Lowe’s.
- Deliberately scuffing up my pants with drywall dust before driving there, to help my chances of being taken seriously.
- The beautiful green vise I want to buy for my (future) workbench.
- The chained-shut double-door that opens from a second-floor office out onto nothing.
- The store’s point-of-sale-system: CRT monitors with a black-screen-green-text command-line program running on them.
← Newer post • Older post →