- Taking the Amtrak train home to Chicago, like a quaint little pioneer.
- Passing a gravestone shop called Grieff’s.
- Smelling a smell in Union Station that, for one super brief moment, seemed to change my entire experience of the world — like a whole new feeling of life in one second. It’s weird how smells can do that.
- Kim Gordon’s No Home Record and Mohammed Reza Mortazavi’s Ritme Jaavdanegi (thanks Billy-John).
- Rebecca Solnit in Hope in the Dark: “The apocalypse is always easier to imagine than the strange circuitous routes to what actually comes next.”
← Newer post • Older post →