- Seeing the remaining cicadas in Chicago in terms of Ken Burns’ Vietnam (which I’ve been watching with Sammy), like they’re soldiers trapped behind enemy lines.
- Holding a door open for three young sisters and each of them saying, sweetly but Stepfordishly, “thank you” to Sammy and me.
- How the start of the school year coincides with SAD.
- Wondering whether students would “perform” better if that weren’t the case.
- At the very least, the school day should start at 9AM.
← Newer post • Older post →