- Wondering when (or whether) someone is going to solve the “public bikes have no helmets” problem.
- The woman skateboarding with a huge pizza in her arms.
- The retro blue, yellow, and red stripes of the buses in this city.
- The guy in full business attire, rifling through a bin of rubber duckies at a gift shop.
- Sitting under a tree that was raining acorns on us, wondering whether a prankster squirrel was making them fall.
- The rideshare driver playing Wendy Carlos’s classical synth arrangements. ”Some people hate it and ask me to turn it off. I just turn it up louder.”
- Watching real grown-ups use a beer bong.
- The precarious-looking wooden balconies of the student apartments here.