- Waking up to the news that Shabazz Palaces are opening for Lauryn Hill on her upcoming tour.
- Remembering the fear I felt, circa 2009, about accidentally scrobbling pre-release Wilco music to my Last.fm account.
- The postal worker with mismatched shoes.
- “Saint” by Blood Orange.
- Heading out at 2AM for Sammy’s and my last meal before he heads to college: Impossible Sliders at White Castle.
- The super sweet drive-through cashier.
- Arm-wrestling with Sammy, a rare alpha activity for us. Winning round one and feeling survivor’s guilt; losing rounds two and three and feeling happy for Sammy and scared for myself.